Saturday, July 31, 2010

Julien Faubert hammers Hull afterwards tells France - take me to the World Cup

West Ham full-back Julien Faubert is determined to prove France coach RaymondDomenech wrong and force his way back into his country"s national team.

Faubert celebrated his 50th appearance for the Hammers by scoring his first goal for the club in the 3-0 win over Hull at Upton Park on Saturday.

Faubert"s only cap for his country arrived back in 2006 but he is convinced that he can force his way into Domenech"s plans if he builds on his form.

Julien Faubert

On target Julien Faubert scores for West Ham against Hull

West Ham face Manchester United at Old Trafford tomorrow night and Faubert is determined to try and reach the World Cup finals this summer.

"I am 26 now and at that age, you do think about the national team," said Faubert.

"When I came to West Ham the France manager didn"t think it was a good decision but I came because it"s a nice club and I"m in the Premier League.

"I hope there is still time to go to the World Cup but if not, maybe I can be in the team after that."

Faubert gestured to the heavens after scoring West Ham"s third goal against Hull in a tribute to his mother Elisabeth, who died of a brain tumour last month.

"It was hard when I lost my mum but I had lots of e-mails from supporters," said Faubert. "I know that they are behind me and I try to play well in her memory.

"My wife helped me a lot in a hard moment, so now I have to go forward for them. It"s been hard."

Julien FaubertJulien Faubert

Now and then: Julien Faubert celebrates for West Ham - and playing for France

Meanwhile, midfielder Scott Parker insists the Hammers go into tomorrow"s clash with United on a massive high after two successive league wins over Birmingham and Hull.

The Hammers enjoyed back-to-back wins for the first time since March 2009 whenthey crushed nine-man Hull 3-0.

The victory pushed West Ham into 13th place in the Barclays Premier League and Parker says they will travel to Old Trafford in a confident mood.

"I said a few weeks ago when we were on a bit of a bad run of results that, if we could put two wins back-to-back, we could really go places," said Parker.

"We"ve now got those two wins back-to-back and hopefully we can push on. We"ve got a tough game at Manchester United and we go there with massive confidence. We"ve had two good results against an in-form Birmingham and we came out worthy winners on Saturday, so we go there with confidence.

"We all know how hard it is going to Old Trafford and they"re coming off a little stinging at Everton but we"ll go there and see what we can do."

More...No old pals act from Carrick as ex-West Ham man urges ruthless United winCHARLES SALE: Alan Curbishley case strikes new Hammer blow to West HamMARTIN SAMUEL: Jowell deserves an Olympic medal in utter madnessWest Ham 3 Hull 0: Upton spark Diamanti delivers for Hammers againManchester United v WEST HAM: Benni McCarthy unlikely to be fit for Hammers bowWEST HAM UNITED FC NEWS FROM ACROSS THE WEB

No comments:

Post a Comment